Abi Becomes a MOM!!
Our first calf born on the farm, March 13, 2005, was Abi. She was adorable, had a full white face, looked just like her mom Elsie! I was instantly in love with her and declared we would have to keep her. Just so that she didn't grow up alone, we kept a brown heifer too, and named her Cocoa. This week Abi became a Mom! It was so exciting to watch her with her little bull calf. She protected him and cared for him just like she should, she's a great Mom! I know the cattle have to support themselves and we have to sell off the babies. But Abi was one I just had to keep! So now she's one of the Momma cows and still my favorite! I spent a lot of last weekend, checking on her and the baby and just watching them together. Little baby calves are so darn cute!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home