Last new baby for 2007

Friday, Sandy (yes, I name the cutest cows) had a baby girl, we have a new red heifer on the farm. It's the smallest one we have ever had, just a tiny thing but up and about, nursing and romping, doing well. It got through the barbed wire fencing this morning and Jim had to get it back through a gate, he actually picked it up and carried it, he said she is light as a feather. I was not outside yet so I missed it, sure would have been a great photo. Here she is with her mom, she's just a itty bitty calf, so darned cute!!!

And we had some great deer watching evenings. Jim saw 7 at one time, we got a photo of 6 on the stealth cam. There is one big buck that is avoiding the camera so far, eventually we hope to get his photo too. For now, here are the 6 we caught on the cam this weekend. They are eating in the alfalfa field.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home