Down on the Farm

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hay time


It's that time of year, putting up the hay for next winter. I had such allergy problems in April that I called and got a prescription. Well, since then it's been fine. Even putting up the hay didn't get to me. I guess that's some good medicine, I just carry it in my purse, don't even have to take it. Seems to have done the trick, my eyes are fine.....so far. Ha, ha.

So here is Jim bringing in a big bale of hay. He was hauling them up as they were baling them. They have over a hundred now I think and over a hundred little square bales in the barn too. Some is alfalfa, that is like caviar to the cows I guess, or so the farmers tell me, it's good stuff.
And one sad note, we now have our first farm raised beef in the freezer. I'm not sure I like this part of farm life, eating what we raise. It seemed like a good idea when it was just stuff from the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home