Down on the Farm

Sunday, August 13, 2006

New life


I didn't ever intend to be a blogger, but I wanted to reply to my niece, Jennifer, and they wouldn't let me without registering, so here I am. I never thought I'd be a farmer, but one look at this almost 100 acres, one ride in my Treker and one pet of my adorable cows, and I'm hooked. Can't wait to get up there on weekends, might even move there some day. For now, it's fine to make the hour drive up on Friday, back home on Sunday. We arrive there happy and excited to see what adventures the weekend holds. Who will come to visit, will new calves be born, will we see any deer? Or is it going to be a weekend of just peace and quiet, sitting in my swing, listening to the birds, seeing rabbits scoot all around and take a ride in the woods and check out the cows and the calves, oh and Mr. Bully. Can't forget him, he's the daddy of our newest calves. Our very first calf, Abi, is the greatest. She's a keeper and hopefully will be a mom next year. So many things to look forward to........visits from the kids and the darling Grandbaby, friends and family stopping by, neighbors coming over for hot wings and cold liquid refreshments. I am in awe every time I step into our wonderful pole barn and see what people can accomplish when they work together. My husband, some friends and family built that barn and it's first class! My job was mostly keeping them fed and hydrated! I did a little helping,mostly fetching things or holding something up while it's nailed or screwed into place. It's a great building and has become party central with the addition of a full bathroom and then a kitchen area. Our little cabin is just enough to keep us comfy, but not so much to create a ton of work for me. We did add air conditioning this year, gotta keep that little Granddaughter comfy! Simple is good, oh, the simple life.....most of the time. If a calf is not out, or a cow is not having a hard time calving, or the tractor is broke down or .....yep, MOST of the time, it's the simple life!

2 Comments:

  • YEAH!!!! I am so proud of you.....now you can post pics of Carmen and we can all take a peek!!! She is adorable!!!

    By Blogger Jen, At 1:47 PM  

  • I found you through Jens blog. I'll add you to my list of great reads. Can't wait to see some pics!

    By Blogger Paula, At 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home